22 September 2012

Trek America #3.

How typical is it that we escape to the USA for a bit of warmth and sunshine and on the first few days (and later on in our trip) we're followed by thunder storms!! The first night of camping was a bit damp and not all that fun but luckily the next stop had a bunker we could all stay in for $10 per person. When asked if we were willing to pay it, it was a resounding yes....clearly not camping lovers despite signing up to a camping trip! The owners cooked us a lovely meal and made us the best chocolate brownies I have ever tasted....ever!

Steak and wine..we're happy!

I look awful...but I don't care because that brownie was amazing!

After a pretty random stay in Utah we headed to the Gran Canyon! As we approached the view point we all had to close our eyes and hold hands so we didn't see anything until we were right at the edge. On the count of 3 we all opened them at the same time and I genuinely almost cried! It was one of the most breathtaking things I have ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice, it really is astonishing. And if that wasn't enough some of us got to go on a helicopter tour over it! Firstly, flying in a helicopter.....how cool?! And secondly, flying over the Gran Canyon...THE Gran Canyon...unbelievable! It was an unforgettable experience, and just writing about it takes me right back to that moment. God I wish I was still there!!

My very first views of the Gran Can.

Stunning.

Yeeeah check me out!

Helicopter crew :)

3 comments:

  1. The Grand Canyon looks amazing! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow looks like you had lots of fun!
    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wish I'd done something like this, it looks amaaazing! x

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Fran_Frith :)