30 October 2012

I'm In LOOK Magazine!

Don't you just love it when you're in Asda casually flicking through one of your favourite magazines and then BAM, you see your ugly mug on one of the feature pages?! Weeelll, that's what happened to me this morning!

I'm in this weeks LOOK Magazine as part of a feature about unique ways of applying for jobs. I actually applied for a job at Look using a cover letter in the style of a celeb interview, and I sent in a YouTube video of 10 reasons why I wanted it. They loved the video and I was called in for an interview.

Although I didn't have enough experience for that particular role, I was offered the rare opportunity of going to do some work experience with them and really get a feel for how Look works. I'm going up there in a few weeks and taking with me lots of ideas, enthusiasm and hard work. I'm so excited to get going and I'm really hoping something positive comes from my time there.

If you haven't already picked up your copy of Look this week, then I suggest you do because you might think of a new way to apply for a job that could change your life!





7 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome idea.
    I hope you're going to do some posts about your work experience, I'm so jealous but it's well deserved!

    Charlotte xo
    charbuckss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! This is so cool, congrats on being featured in LOOK Mag! My favourite magazine :-) I've not got the latest issue but I'll grab a copy tomorrow! Thank you for your comment on my blog, and yep, i am 27! 28 in Feb! uuuggggh!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh congratulations! I'm sure the work experience will prove invaluable. Thanks for following me lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh congrats on the work experience! will be so useful
    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing idea! I study journalism too and broadcasting, I'm in my second year at the moment, but this is a great idea for graduates to use media/presenting skills to get themselves out there! x

    http://leriloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'v thought about doing this for ages now but always thought it would be stupid and employers wouldn't like it, but know what bugger it! I'm going to give it a go! What is there to lose eh?

    Paula x

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Fran_Frith :)