10 July 2014

Hideout: A beginner's guide.

If you're between the ages of 18 and 25 you will have definitely heard of Hideout Festival. Situated on the Island of Pag in Croatia, the five day festival is a real test of stamina and endurance. A couple of my friends had been for previous years, but even when they tried their best to explain it, I now know that you will never truly understand it until you do it for yourself. 

A lot of people try and compare it to Ibiza, but I don't think you can do this. They're completely different experiences and you should enjoy them for what they are. I wasn't sure what I'd think of Hideout, I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype...but thankfully, it did! I feckin' loved it. Instead of boring you with a day-to-day run down (like I'm going to remember that), I've decided to give you my top 5 Do's and Don'ts...enjoy! 

DO
1. Pack a lot of swimwear
The days are taken up with pool parties aplenty, and basic bikinis just won't cut it...so stock up on necklaces and sunnies too.

2. Get out of bed and get on it
Even when you feel like you can't move, the second you get to a pool party and get a giant cocktail in your hands, you will instantly feel amazing again. 

3. Shazam the shit out of Croatia
I'm being completely honest when I say I don't think I heard a bad song for a whole week. The music was on point and when I did remember to Shazam the songs, the memories come flooding back! 

4. Get a balloon 
There were some real entrepreneurs at Hideout who had the brilliant idea to buy a gas canister and loads of balloons on the cheap to sell for approximately £6. By the end of the week, even the Croatian locals were selling them in their kiosks on the beach! 

5. Stay up until sunrise
I think there was only one night where I didn't carry on dancing to watch the sunrise. One of the best moments was the first night watching Solomun's closing set at half 6 in the morning where so many people were still going strong and fully embracing Hideout. I will also never forget the last night watching Jackmaster play his final song 'Let the sun shine' as the sun rose above the sea...amazing. 

DON'T
1. Underestimate Croatian weather
On the first night there was an ungodly storm (which I missed luckily) but had people talking all week. Trees came down, water flooded the street and people locked themselves in toilets but miraculously by the next day it was like nothing had happened! 

2. Think you are a machine
There were a couple of days where I lost my appetite and decided food was on the bottom of my priority list. Don't do this, it won't help you in the long run. EAT! 

3. Go home early 
Under any circumstances. You cannot miss any part of this festival, you'll regret it! 

4. Assume no one else will have your bikini
There's a lot of girls that go to Hideout. Girls tend to like fashion, girls tend to like the same shops, and therefore girls tend to buy the same things. I lost count of the amount of duplicate swimwear on that island...I don't think I did too badly but if you want to be completely unique I suggest avoiding the high-street! 

5. Expect to get on with the Croatians 
Croatians are a funny bunch. Overall I would say they're pretty grumpy...but then again so would you be if thousands of English louts descended on your island to cause havoc for a week. Also, when you order a meal...don't expect to get what you asked for. It's a real surprise! 

Hideout Festival, 2014.



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should go next summer, definitely worth it x

      Delete
  2. Sounds amazing! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, I love your blog and you are beautiful! Following you now with Bloglovin. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I really want to go one day x

    Gegsy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fun!
    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks like a lot of fun. Great pictures and the whole post is great.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most fun :) thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  6. My friend went to this this year! I'm was so jealous! I'd really love to go, maybe next year?!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, tickets come out in December I think though so ages before the actual festival! x

      Delete
  7. This sounds like an amazing festival. Can you believe I have never been to one? I really need to get my arse in gear. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Great post. I have nominated you for the leibster award!! Check out my blog for questions and rules :) much love and hugs xxxx
    Littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Fran_Frith :)