31 July 2014

Little Details.




So I've been living in Nottingham for nine months now (the time it takes to make an actual human) and it's gone quick! As if you can make a real person in the same space of time?!

Anyway, we're in a different flat to when we first moved in because although the first flat was AMAZING (seriously amazing in fact), it was costing us too much and we weren't living like the 23 years olds that we are. So we live pretty much in the city centre now, and although I slightly resent this flat for not living up to our other one, I'm slowly coming round to it. And now the heatwave's warmed the building up, it's a bit nicer.

Nottingham was never part of the plan and I wasn't sure how I'd get on up here, especially as I went to uni in Lincoln and missed home a lot. But I think you have a different mindset when you start work, especially when it's in a career you've been working towards and you really enjoy. There's not really time to miss home! I also got a surprise promotion the other week which was a lovely shock and makes the hard work worth it.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post was, I guess it's just to say that I'm very happy at the moment and feel quite proud (how very un-British of me). At school, and at uni even, you can't tell how things are going to pan out...and with the news today reiterating that many 20-30 years old are still living with their parents I feel good to be out! Even though the grown up shit like bills, food shopping and full time work can sometimes be a ball ache, the independence and freedom of being in your early twenties far outweighs any negatives. Here's to the good times!





9 comments:

  1. These are really cute ideas, i love stuff like this! I'm always using pretty pots to store my make up and brushes! xx

    CLAIRELOUISEAMELIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your happy in your new place! Love that basket idea!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it was only from B&M bargains! x

      Delete
  3. Aw such a lovely post, it's nice to hear you're so happy

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful *-*Your blog is very nice and interesting. I`m glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is just soo cute !
    I love all the little behind the scenes hehe

    Chloe x
    www.cinnamontanfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christian Louboutin Sneaker is a good choice for you or as gift to your friends,in the exquisite design show the unique style.The design could make your feet breathe freely and more fashional. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Coffee Suede White Diamond High
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Black Suede White Diamond High
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Black Leather Cross Strap

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Fran_Frith :)