13 June 2015

Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty at the V&A


On Friday morning, before the doors even opened to public, I was inside London's V&A museum for an exclusive tour of the Alexander McQueen exhibition with his biographer, Judith Watts. There's been a lot of hype surrounding this exhibition so I knew it was going to be good, I underestimated just how good though.

I like fashion but I'll be the first to admit I will rarely be interested in designer shows and high-end fashion mags but with Alexander McQueen, there's something different. After learning more about his life it's evident he was a unique talent, and the way he combined fashion with nature led to outstanding one-off pieces. Not to mention his catwalk shows...mesmerising! 

I don't know whether it's the tragic way he died, or the darkness surrounding his inspiration, but I found the exhibition completely compelling and at times, quite dramatic.

For the whole time I was in there, I was drawn in to absolutely everything that was happening around me, and the work that must have gone into producing such an enchanting experience is evident. It was truly amazing!

Savage Beauty is only on until August 2nd so I strongly recommend you get yourself a ticket before it's too late! Click here to buy online from the V&A.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I have heard great things about this exhibition, I really want to go! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. V&A is one of my all time favourite spots, the exhibition sounds amazing!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I'd been, definitely want to see more there x

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about this exhibition and how amazing it is. I really want to visit it before it ends X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I stunning show. I would really love to check this out. Sounds like you had an amazing time :)

    Jessica xo
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! you look fab

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Fran_Frith :)